– Dig in!
- 10 fl. oz. of muesli
- 10 fl. oz. of oatmeal
- 4 fl. oz. of roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 oz. of roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp. of melted butter
- 3 tbsp. of brown Demerara sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 2 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. of syrup
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Scrape out the core of the vanilla pod and add it to the butter together with sugar and syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk the yolks to an even mass and whisk the whites to a fluffy consistency.
- Now mix yolks and whites gently with the butter mass and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover a baking pan with baking paper and rub surface with butter.
- Pour in the chocolate-chip mass till it reaches app. ¾ inch.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 175 degrees Celsius/ 330 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven and place it in the fridge.
- When it has cooled down cut it into nicely shaped bars.
The bars become even more inviting if you sprinkle them with dark, melted chocolate and possibly some dried, grated coconut. You can store the bars in the fridge in an airtight container and keep them for several days.