– A healthy start!
- 1 kiwi
- 1 grapefruit
- ½ oz. of muscovado sugar
- 4 fl. oz. of drained (Greek) yogurt
- 1 oz. of dried coconut flakes
- 1 oz. of almonds
- Wash the kiwi and dry it well.
- Peel it with a sharp knife and cut it into small pieces.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the peel off the grapefruit and then slice it into thin filets. Put the filets of grapefruit into a bowl and mix it with the muscovado sugar so it looses its bitter taste.
- Put pieces of kiwi and filets of grapefruit into a small glass or bowl.
- Chop up the almonds and pour an appropriate amount over the fruit.
- Add yogurt.
- Then start again with the fruit, then almonds and yogurt so layers are formed.
- Top it off with pieces of kiwi and grapefruit as well as the coconut flakes.
It is possible to use other kinds of fruit and nuts such as melon instead of the kiwi and Brazil nuts instead of the almonds. Also, if it is difficult to get hold of the muscovado sugar you can use other kinds of sugar. However, the muscovado sugar has a great taste that you cannot get from other types of sugar.