app. 12 pieces
- 7 oz. of high quality dark chocolate
- 7 oz. of butter
- 7 oz. of Demerara sugar
- 8 eggs
- Melt chocolate, butter and sugar in a glass bowl that you place over a pot containing boiling water.
- Whisk the egg whites into a fluffy consistency.
- When the chocolate is melted, mix in the yolks and then gently mix in the whites.
- Pour the dough into a buttered baking tin and place in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius/ 310 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a scoop of Greek yogurt or whipped cream and some fresh colourful fruit.
This cake is perfect when served with whipped cream or with drained yogurt stirred with a little icing sugar and some large pieces of fruit on the side. You can easily bake the cake and just keep it there for a few days – then you have something to enjoy every now and then.