– A great dish!
- 9 oz. of minced beef
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 11 oz. of beetroot
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the meat with salt and pepper.
- Make 6 small hamburgers and fry them in oil in a hot pan on both sides and finish of with a few minutes at a moderate temperature.
- Peel the beetroots and cut them into elongated chunks.
- Roll the chunks in oil and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place them on a piece of greaseproof paper and bake them in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius/ 310 Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and sprinkle with a little lemon juice.
Instead of the baked beetroots you can enjoy your hamburgers with a lovely pearl wheat salad. Boil the pearls in salted water for 20 minutes. Pour out the excess water and leave to cool down. Take app. 12 Brussels sprouts, chop them finely and roast them in some oil. Add them to the pearls of wheat. Take some grapes, cut them in half and add them to the salad. Cut a few red apples into thin slices and add them as well together with some chopped, roasted nuts of your own choice. Make a dressing using oil, lemon juice and mustard. Pour over the salad and mix gently. Top off with a nice handful of water crest.