– Yum! Homemade mayo
- 3 pasteurized egg yolks
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. of mustard
- 2 tsp. of white wine vinegar
- 14 fl. oz. of olive oil
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with salt.
- Add mustard and vinegar and mix well.
- Stir in the oil bit by bit and continue until all the oil is absorbed into the egg mass.
- Add salt (if needed) and cayenne pepper.
- Store in fridge.
It is important that all the ingredients used for making the mayonnaise have the same temperature in order for it not to separate. Homemade mayonnaise can be stored in the fridge for app. 1 week.