– So good, you’ll eat the whole thing!
- 9 oz. of wheat flour
- 4½ oz. of butter
- 3 tbsp. of water
- 1 lb. 2 oz. of fresh spinach leafs
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 7 oz. of feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 8 fl. oz. of cream
- 2 oz. of grated cheese
- ½ tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Crumble butter and flour into a bowl.
- Pour in the water and knead the dough.
- Roll out the dough and place it in a pie plate.
- Now leave it in the fridge to cool off for 30 minutes.
- Take the pie directly from the fridge and place it in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius/ 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.
- Wash and dry the spinach thoroughly.
- Fry it in a little oil and add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the spinach onto the pie base and crumble with feta cheese.
- Whisk eggs and cream together and add a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mass over the spinach and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place the pie in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius/ 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy a piece of freshly baked pie together with a tomato salad.
It is possible to keep the pie in the fridge and heat up a piece when you start feeling peckish.